The Xtravirt Managed Services (XMS) Engineer is a key role in our ever-expanding Managed Services team. Instrumental in managing and optimising our Microsoft 365 environments among multiple customer tenants, alongside foundational VMware technologies, you will be ensuring business continuity and operational efficiency for multiple global and blue-chip clients as well our own internal IT functions. This role offers tremendous scope to become one of our in-house Subject Matter Experts within the Microsoft space, with the option to diversify across different technology vendors and industry verticals.
As a Managed Services Engineer at Xtravirt, you will:
- Implement new Microsoft 365 configurations.
- Ensure the robustness and availability of Microsoft 365 services.
- Maintain security and integrity across all Microsoft 365 components.
- Administer and monitor effective backup and recovery solutions.
- Collaborate with our Security Partners for enhanced protection measures.
- Provide strategic insights for continuous performance evaluations and improvements.
- Ensure Windows and Linux server systems are patched from critical security vulnerabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer escalated 3rd and 4th line support.
- Conduct 24/7 proactive monitoring and management of Microsoft 365 components.
- Perform configuration reviews and optimisations using Microsoft DSC.
- Manage data backups and recovery solutions for critical Microsoft 365 services.
- Conduct periodic assessments, reporting, and provide strategic advisement.
- Administer user, group, and access management within Azure AD.
- Oversee mailbox, mail flow, and mobile device management in Exchange Online.
- Manage permissions, content, and backups in SharePoint Online.
- Configure and manage meeting settings, guest access, and compliance in Microsoft Teams.
- Establish device and application policies in Microsoft Intune.
- Perform threat analysis and vulnerability management in Microsoft Defender.
- Collation of data to enable customer reporting on various aspects of operations.
- Certifications in Microsoft Azure/M365.
- Experience in a similar role with a strong background in Microsoft 365 and VMware technologies.
- Proficiency in VMware vSphere and VMware Horizon or a willingness to upskill, with a solid understanding of virtualisation and cloud concepts.
- Exceptional problem-solving, analytical, and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates initiative and tenacity in resolving customer problems.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Understanding of computer hardware, network devices.
- Familiarity with any cloud based solution such as Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure considered a plus.