The Sales Associate role
A multi award-winning cloud consulting and managed services business is seeking a Sales Associate with experience in a sales function and a background in data centre technologies, virtualisation or cloud to drive the acceleration of lead qualification and new customer acquisition.
Reporting to the Head of Sales, this is a new role within the business so you will have plenty of scope to develop your own ideas and make the role your own. The individual we are looking for will be confident, motivated and success driven. You will be known for your ability to build relationships and rapport with the people you support.
The Sales Associate’s responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Xtravirt Alliance Partner Manager, building trusted relationships with account owners in partner organisations, generating leads and opportunity referrals.
- Work with the Marketing team, supporting lead generation campaigns, proactively engaging with interested parties and following up to qualify leads.
- Use social media, webchat and direct customer outreach to grow brand awareness, respond to customer enquiries and generate net-new leads and opportunities.
- Support Sales Account teams in the growth of existing lifecycle accounts and strategic customers.
- Own the day-to-day management, tracking and reporting of deal registration, partner incentives and programs, promote and grow the use of available funding and ensure claim requirements are tracked and met.
- Attend selected industry led events, representing Xtravirt and seeking out new networks and leads.
Skills and attributes
- Capable of building good working relationships with multiple stakeholders often with very different goals and objectives.
- Confident in hunting ability for net-new opportunities and logos.
- Be a team player, with a can-do attitude.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Experience in account management – useful
- Experience in a field sales, alliance and/or channel partner environment – useful
- Prior knowledge of VMware, Microsoft Azure and AWS Cloud would be advantageous but not essential.
- Good verbal, written, and presentation skills.
With a proven track record of advancing the careers of professionals new to their craft, we work with you to forge a career path that you want to follow.
As well as your salary you also have access to other benefits such as:
- Twenty-five (25) days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension and life assurance
- Wellbeing, financial and legal support
- Long service awards
- Regular evaluation and salary reviews
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Staff recognition awards
- Regular company and social events
Please attach your most recent CV including all skills and experience relevant to the role and provide us with any additional detail or context using the message field.