Xtravirt continues to expand its managed services capability and is recruiting to support this growth. We are looking for experienced IT professionals who have managed and supported datacentre and desktop virtualisation may also have had exposure to Cloud hosting and Infrastructure as a Service and had customer-facing responsibilities. With responsibilities including the maintenance and support of cutting-edge environments delivered by the Xtravirt professional services teams, technical knowledge and ongoing development will be key to these roles. Successful candidates will be able to work under pressure and successfully balance routine daily maintenance activities with the need to respond effectively to incidents and customer escalations.
We are seeking a senior technical resource within the Managed Services team and play a key role in leading of the support and maintenance of customer IT infrastructure, systems and services within SLA guidelines adhering to ITIL best practices.
This is a genuine career opportunity for a talented 2nd or 3rd Line IT Support Engineer/Technician looking to expand their knowledge and experience.
You will need be familiar and confident with Windows Server & Desktop, desktop and server virtualisation, Cloud and basic networking technologies. On offer is a key position working on a broad range of the latest technology, with a team of talented colleagues.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Provide support, mentoring and expertise within the wider team for the resolution of 2nd and 3rd Line technical incidents and problems, assist in escalations and work to ensure resolution within SLA working with resources across the team.
- Engaging with customers through a variety of channels, capturing incident and request information, maintaining tickets and providing customer updates
- Support, configuration, maintenance, and support of infrastructure and systems.
- Lead in delivering value in terms of improving customer service & satisfaction and identifying opportunities for increased operational efficiency.
- Develop, produce, and maintain IT documentation and following IT procedures as required.
Key Areas of Knowledge
- Microsoft Server technologies; MS Server, Active Directory Services, Group Policy
- Windows Remote Desktop
- Server Virtualisation – VMware and/or Hyper-V
- Desktop Virtualisation – VMware Horizon, Citrix
- Server Hardware: HPE & Dell Servers
- vSphere, HA, Citrix XenApp
- Cloud services such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Office 365
- Backup/Archiving technologies; Veeam Backup and Replication
- Server Networking including TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP
- Scripting knowledge (PowerShell)
- Disaster Recovery, Replication and Recovery services
- Storage technologies: SAN (HPE)
- Experience supporting SME/Enterprise level infrastructures
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to achieve prompt resolution
- Strong experience of incident and problem management including 3rd party service providers
- Capable of managing concurrent priorities
- Solid operational understanding of service management standards and tools; Ideally ITIL V3 Foundation qualified
- Industry recognised qualifications including but not limited to Microsoft Certified (MCSA, MCSE)