At Xtravirt, a leading cloud consultancy and managed services provider, we guide enterprises across various industry sectors through digital transformation projects by deploying advanced VMware solutions. We are currently seeking an experienced Managed Services Consultant to join our dynamic and high-performing managed services team.
A typical day for a Managed Services Consultant at Xtravirt primarily revolves around providing expert technical support for clients’ VMware solutions, including VMware Cloud on AWS, NSX, VMware VCF, and VMware Horizon. While adhering to ITIL and ISO:20000 standards, you will be working with Incident, Change, and Problem Management processes to ensure proper governance and compliance. You will troubleshoot and resolve incidents and service requests, communicating effectively with customers in non-technical terms while keeping them updated on progress. In addition, you will investigate and address issues in systems, processes, and services, contributing to the implementation of remedies and preventative measures.
Your responsibilities also include maintaining, optimising, and supporting VMware and cloud platform configurations for clients, ensuring optimal performance and maintenance. As a Managed Services Consultant, you will have a deep understanding of clients’ desired business outcomes, translating them into actionable plans through a consultative approach in managed services. Furthermore, you will collaborate with the Technical Design Authority (TDA) and Managed Services Architect to evaluate customer-led changes, support strategic planning, and contribute to cost and process optimisation, all while applying your technical expertise to ensure the successful implementation of VMware solutions.
As a Managed Services Consultant at Xtravirt, you will:
- Be part of an inclusive, friendly, supportive, and high-performing organisation
- Work on a diverse range of VMware and cloud technologies
- Receive an excellent remuneration package, benefits, and a personalised development plan
- Discover and realise ongoing success criteria for Xtravirt’s managed services clients
- Support, maintain, and optimise VMware and cloud platform configurations
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure client success
- Provide 3rd and 4th line support for clients
- Manage and optimise configuration of onboarded clients
- Identify platform gaps and optimisation opportunities
- Maintain platform relevancy according to changing business needs
- Provide oversight on VMware deployments ensuring alignment with current architecture and future client needs
- Assist Sales and Delivery Teams in providing insight to client health and winning new business
- Deep technical knowledge and strong communication skills
- Experience in two or more of the following products: VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF), vSphere, Site Recovery Manager (SRM), vSAN, Horizon, Workspace ONE, NSX, HCX, vCloud Director (vCD), NSX-T
- VCP certification or working towards VCAP
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working
- Pension and life assurance
- Wellbeing, financial, and legal support
- Long service awards
- Regular evaluation and salary reviews
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Staff recognition awards
- Regular company and social events (VMware Explore/ VMUGs)
Apply now to join our successful team and contribute to the ongoing success of our clients in the fast-paced world of cloud technology.