In this episode of Cloud Insiders we’re talking about lifecycle management in the cloud era, and how these cycles have moved beyond the realms of IT with Xtravirt Strategic Services Director Robin Gardner.
Technology touches all aspects of a business, and every strategic decision made at every level of a company will be dependent on, or impact IT teams. With operations now largely spread between on-premises and the cloud, knowing what you manage and who manages it, structuring your plans to assign responsibility and how to achieve continuous development and improvement has even more importance.
In this podcast, we discuss:
- 1:15 – A top down view of IT lifecycle management
- 2:39 – Breaking IT lifecycle management into 4 structured towers
- 3:30 – Operational lifecycle
- 5:58 – Strategic lifecycle
- 8:50 – IT organisation lifecycle
- 9:48 – Business lifecycle
- 11:11 – Strategising how to get the most out of your employees and your technical investment.
- 13:27 – How managed services can enhance your IT lifecycle strategy
- 15:34 – Closing Thoughts: The theory is the same but the scale has increased