Actionable Insights for VMware and AWS
Managing risk and compliance in the hybrid cloud and across your IT environment is a never-ending task. Every day, software patches are released, new security risks are identified, and vendor recommendations are updated. Company boards, auditors and regulators all expect business and IT to be on top of these changes, with smooth running procedures meeting all policy requirements. How do we ensure that we are identifying, managing, and remediating these in order to effectively control the risks in your environment and in the cloud?
When it comes to understanding the core priorities for managing risk and maintaining compliance in the IT and cloud environment, Kev Johnson, Systems Engineer, Runecast and Robin Gardner, Strategic Services Director, Xtravirt have great expertise to share.
In this podcast we talk to Kev and Robin about the importance of monitoring to mitigate risk, best practices to ensure a healthy and optimized infrastructure and how Xtravirt and Runecast together provide solutions across VMware, AWS and VMware Cloud on AWS environments and the wider hybrid cloud market.
Listen to learn and understand more about:
- 3:50 – Why are risk and compliance under the spotlight and what do you need to consider when it comes to cloud adoption?
- 6:45 – Best practices and responsibilities
- 7:49 – The impact of the COVID-19 lockdown on risk and compliance
- 10:10 – How to identify a divergence from best practice. Monitoring across VMware on-premises and cloud solutions such as VMware Cloud on AWS. Monitoring tools such as Runecast Analyzer.
- 14:50 – Benefits of continuous monitoring
- 16:26 – How organisations can benefit from the partnership between Runecast and Xtravirt to protect their businesses, users and environments
- 18:40 – The value of pro-active risk management and reporting