We are looking to expand the Project Management Office (PMO) and are seeking Project Managers to govern delivery across the increasing portfolio of customer engagements. The PMO work hand in glove with the Resource Management Office (RMO) to ensure the smooth running of the Operations function.
You’ll be working with some of the best virtualisation consultants in the industry and delivering projects to businesses considered the most accomplished in their sector.
You’ll be expected to manage projects at varied levels based on commercial agreement from general coordination through to full programme management and execution. This would include directing your colleagues, customer teams, customer SMEs and reporting into Executive stakeholders.
You’ll successfully manage projects from onboarding (pre-sale), through execution and in to closure; ensuring consistency in communication, risk and issue management and delivery of quality from your consulting team.
You’ll be a confident and competent communicator, able to engage with technical and non-technical stakeholders and influence the direction and success of the projects within your remit.
You’ll be able to flexibly work changed or extended hours (where appropriate / approved) and travel to customer sites (UK&I and EMEA) may be required.
Your day to day responsibilities include:
- Define, initiate, manage, and close projects according to the defined service frameworks.
- Ensure all projects are delivered to scope, schedule, budget and at the required quality as defined within any commercial agreement.
- Monitor and report project activity across milestones, outcomes, and success criteria.
- Work collaboratively with the RMO to ensure your team has the correct blend of skills for each task or deliverable.
- Evangelise the role of a PM or wider PMO across the internal and external teams
- Practice continuous improvement for standards, processes, and best practice for PMO, RMO and consulting delivery.
- Proven technical project delivery across transformation, infrastructure and/or development projects
- External customer project delivery experience
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Extremely organised (you’re a project manager after all)
- Comfortable with managing escalation and reporting the actual and contextualised state of projects.
- Practiced in waterfall and agile delivery methodologies.
- Matrix team management (you’ll be managing consultants, SMEs and business colleagues during delivery)
- Stakeholder management (SME to C level)
- Excellent computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, Project, Visio and selected project management tools)