London, UK, 13th December 2021, Xtravirt, one of the world’s leading VMware partners, added another achievement to its long list of cloud consulting and managed service credentials, by attaining a Master Services Competency (MSC) for VMware Cloud Foundation. The cloud consulting and managed services organisation now has seven VMware Master Services Competencies, making it the highest accredited VMware partner in the UK.
VMware Master Services Competencies are the highest accreditation that a VMware partner can attain. They are awarded only to those who have completed rigorous programmes of training and testing (e.g., VCPs, VCAPs and/or Master Specialist) and demonstrated services delivery experience by providing up to three customer references for recently completed projects.
“We are proud to be the first partner in the UK to hold seven VMware Master Services Competencies, it’s a clear demonstration of our VMware knowledge and experience and this type of independent validation of our capabilities is assuring to the businesses we work with. Cementing our expertise in designing and deploying the complete VMware Cloud Foundation is an exciting achievement and we look forward to supporting more customers on their private, hybrid and multi-cloud journeys and helping them explore the opportunities presented by automation, modern applications and containerization”Gavin Jolliffe
VMware launched their Master Services Competency Partner Program in 2018 to enable the success of VMware customers. The MSC’s are awarded to partners whose service capabilities have been validated, so enterprise customers can be assured that they are in safe hands when it comes to the design and deployment of their chosen VMware solution.
VMware also recognizes the significance of Xtravirt’s achievement, as Melinda Lee Ferguson, VP Northern EMEA, VMware, commented “The role our partners play in securing success for our customers is invaluable. VMware has a broad and diverse portfolio of products and solutions that help our customers compete, innovate and solve challenges in a multi-cloud world. We have many options customers can consider as they look to accelerate innovation and move to the cloud, and this is where a partner like Xtravirt can really help. The depth and breadth of their VMware knowledge, as evidenced by the attainment of 7 MSC’s, means Xtravirt can give VMware customers choice and the confidence that they will be fully supported on the next leg of their cloud journey, regardless of the direction of travel.”
The seven VMware Master Services Competencies achieved by Xtravirt are:
- Cloud Management and Automation designates expertise in delivery of VMware Cloud Management and Automation solutions and services with deep understanding and execution of cloud management design principles and methodologies.
- Cloud Native designates partner organizational expertise to run and manage VMware Modern Application solutions. Achieving this competency validates partners’ deep understanding of Kubernetes core concepts and proficiency in networking, security and application lifecycle management to ensure the continuous delivery of applications on Kubernetes-based platforms.
- Data Center Virtualization designates expertise in delivery of VMware vSphere environments and digital infrastructure services with deep understanding of and execution in Data Center Virtualization design principles and methodologies.
- Digital Workspace designates partner organizational expertise to design, deliver and support the ongoing management of customer apps, data and virtual desktop solutions whether on-premise or cloud delivered. Achieving this competency validates partners’ deep understanding and execution on VMware Horizon and VMware Workspace ONE end-user computing solutions.
- Network Virtualization designates expertise in the delivery of VMware NSX environments and services with deployment and optimization of NSX environment capabilities.
- VMware Cloud on AWS designates expertise in the delivery of hybrid cloud solutions based on VMware Cloud on AWS. This service provides an operationally consistent and familiar way to run, manage and secure applications in a hybrid IT environment.
- VMware Cloud Foundation– Demonstrates expertise in designing and deploying the complete Cloud Foundation stack, including SDCC Manager, computing, HCI, networking and cloud management and automation.
Xtravirt is an independent cloud consulting and managed services business. We believe in empowering enterprises to innovate and thrive in an ever-changing digital world. We work with organisations across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, helping them simplify digital transformation and achieve better business outcomes at every stage of the IT lifecycle. Our core consulting and managed service capabilities span multi-cloud, digital workspace, networking & security and modern applications.
# # #
VMware, vSphere, Workspace ONE, Horizon, and NSX are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.